A Lead CDM Consultant is a key staff member tasked with providing ongoing solutions to our construction clients both in terms of Pre-Construction and In-Construction services. Havio, the creators of “Safety Reimagined”, have a vision to change perceptions of Health and Safety and raise standards and awareness across the industry.
Objectives of the Role
• Learning about our Clients’ pre-construction and construction related challenges and using initiative and the support of the team’s experience to develop solutions that fit with their individual needs, culture, environment, and expectations.
• Executing Client work deliverables over a wide range of CDM related products as specified in the employee development plan deliverables.
Day to Day Activities
• Delivery of the Client Advisor, Principal Designer and Principal Designer Advisor Roles
• Attendance at Site Surveys
• Collation and Preparation of Pre-Construction Information
• Completing and updating F10 Notifications
• Attendance at Design Risk Management Meetings and collation of Design Risk Register
• Review of Construction related H&S documentation on behalf of clients
• Completion of Site Inspections
• Development of new project H&S Plans:- Construction Phase Plans, Traffic Management Plans, Fire Risk Assessment, Project risk assessments etc
• Attendance at a variety of H&S / CDM Related Meetings
• NEBOSH Construction / NCRQ Certificate
• Qualifications and experience to immediately attain Technical Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Working towards Grad IOSH.
• Working towards IMaPS qualification with the Association of Project Safety
• Fire safety qualification preferable but not essential
• Consulting experience either within a dedicated H&S / CDM Consultancy or a multidisciplinary consultancy
• Minimum 18 months experience working in a similar role
• Experience of, or ability to deliver services required by the role of the Principal Designer on smaller scale Design & Build Projects this includes but not limited to: Collating and issuing of Pre-Construction Information, attendance at design risk management meetings, collation
and preparation of H&S files etc
• Experience of, or ability to deliver services required by the role of the Principal Contractor on smaller scale Design & Build Projects this includes but not limited to: Collation of project specific H&S documentation: Construction Phase Plans, Traffic Management Plans, Fire Risk
Assessments, Project Risk Assessments, Completing H&S Inspections, Attendance at H&S Meetings.